26 January 2011

Nappy Naps

My mom and I spent about 3 hours over two days churning out these bad boys:


They're our napkins for the wedding. I bought the sheets at the thrift store on a 25% off day for a total of about $25.

Then I created a square template out of a piece of cardboard from a box my mom had, using a cloth napkin my grandma made as a size guide.

My mom mostly traced while I cut out the squares with pinking shears to prevent tons of fraying. I'm so happy with the results!

I was going for a mismatched vintage floral feel - intentionally floral, obviously, but not too intentional since we used several different fabrics, probably 8 or so.

Of course, I washed the sheets as soon as I brought them home from the thrift store, and I'm about to wash these guys again since we handled them quite a bit and used pencil for tracing.

We have approximately 92 napkins right now which should cover our attendees. And since we're considering barbecue, we'll definitely get the wetnaps for practicality while these babies will be the pretties on the tables.

Now for the breakdown:

{} sheets: $25
{} new pair of pinking shears since my other pair was giving me trouble: $4.50

Total cost: $30

Another thing off the list!

4 comments:

ElisabethCS said...

LOVE LOVE this idea!!! I love mismatched floral!!! I bet your wedding is going to be so lovely!

April said...

That is so cool! I never even though about making your own napkins and how much it will add to the theme. Can't wait to see more!

Bethany said...

Thanks, both of you! I can't wait to share more of my DIY projects - if I ever get to them!!!

Rocco said...

Cute! What a great idea. Loves it.