13 January 2011

Save the Dizzate, Fool

We are currently waiting on our Save the Dates to arrive - yay!

And another one bites the dust. On our to-do list, that is.

We chose to go with etsian (obv.) Sarka of Citrus Press Co. to design our invitations, RSVP cards, and our Save the Dates. She's only crafted the Save the Dates so far as J and I fine-tune our invite list and determine the ultimate number of invitations we'll need, which Sarka will print for us.

However, we chose to get our Save the Dates printed as postcards from VistaPrint. I "designed" the backs in Photoshop with a sweet free bunting stamp I found online and some borrowing of the colors from Sarka's citrusy deliciousness:





They are exactly what I want! I highly recommend Sarka. She's been so patient with my rounds of revisions (though I think she does cap those based on your purchase price) as I tried to remain a calm, cool bride. I can't wait to get started on our invitations and RSVP cards.

Speaking of, the invite list is probably the most stressful task we've encountered so far - aside from choosing the venue, which actually seems to be the same issue. I have a possible plan, though, so I'll keep you posted.

Now for the breakdown:

{} PDF file of the finished product, with a few rounds of revisions included, $30
{} 100 color (front and back) postcards from VistaPrint on recycled matte paper with upgraded 7-day shipping, $32.50

= $62.50

Definitely way more than I intended on spending on our Save the Dates (something that I think isn't even truly necessary, at all really), but they're so pretty! Yay again!

And oh if only I could blog at work, we'd feel closer! I'm trying to get better about blogging at home, but my obsession with counting our dollars (virtually) sucks up all my free time.

1 comment:

lizzie said...

they're beautiful! great work on the back, it ties everything in nicely!