22 April 2011

The Big 5-0

Wow. Only 50 days until the wedding.

I actually wouldn't have noticed that had I not checked the guest book entry by my aunt on our wedding website today. The site's log-in screen alerted me to the count-down. Shows what a bad bride I am!

The to-do list is finally getting smaller, and I'm feeling pretty good. HEre's what's on teh agenda for this weekend:

- Gift Errands: I want to buy a bunch of the family gifts this weekend. I looove buying gifts, so I'm excited. There are still a few recipients on our list, though, that I'm stumped about.

- Ceremony Planning: I need to send the few bits I've found that I actually like to our officiant, Rev Roc. I'm pretty pumped about our vows. I'll probably share the ceremony script here after the wedding, a la this lady.

- Seam Teaming: I need to develop a template for our cocktail table coverings, cut four from the template, and sew them. I also need to sew the table runners I've cut out of vintage fabrics.

- Yard Work: My stepdad and I will do some outdoor painting if it doesn't rain all weekend. Oh, April Showers, you're ruining my wedding preparation timeline. (A shout-out is in order for D and R - ahem, Rev Roc - for your help in the yard last night!)

- Spring Cleaning: The sunroom has been totally taken over by tools, storage, and finished wedding projects. If we plan to use it as backup space in the event of rain on our wedding day, I should get to tidying now.

- Holiday Festivities: Some Easter celebrations will be sprinkled in this weekend's plans for a little non-wedding-related fun. Granted, I don't even know what Easter's about, but it'll be nice to see family.

Whew! Sounds busy when I write it all down.

Oh, and I should add "Cross things off my to-do list" to this list (Y, you're too funny!).

1 comment:

Jess said...

Woooooo to do lists!!! <3